Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Heavenly Lavender & Lemon Pound Cake

Last time I went to Pickety Place, I bought some of their lavendar.  They make a lavender lemonade that is so light and refreshing and I've always wanted to try it out.  I never  did end up making it at home, so I have a bunch of lavender sitting in my pantry.  As I was looking through recipes I had saved, I came across one for Lavender-Lemon Pound cakes.  This comination sounded heavenly, so I had to try it.

These are delicious!  The original recipe can be found here - Savoring Time in the Kitchen

I made the recipe as was listed except for the lemon glaze.   I found it to be very thick, so I added a few more tablespoons of the cream. 

These little cakes would be perfect for an afternoon tea!

1 comment:

  1. I envy you Jenny, I live half way across the world so I can't and never will, taste that awesome, mouthwatering Heavenly Lavender & Lemon Pound Cake. Lol! If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your post. Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post so it will appear in the Foodista pages and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete