Thursday, October 20, 2011

Back into Running

Sorry for the long delay, folks.  Being a mom and going back to work has definitely kept me busy.  I've been easing myself into cooking more dinners and baking when I can find the time.

I've currently started running again - or attempting to run.  I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since I ran the Disney Half Marathon for the Arthritis Foundation.  I said I'd never run again, but I've been feeling the urge to get out and do something.  So I decided on the Couch to 5K training and I signed myself up for a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day!  Here's the info on C25K - http://www.c25k.com/

So I finished up Week 1 last week, and I start on Week 2 today.  I've only been running on the treadmill. Now that baby is old enough, I can leave him at the gym daycare.  I'm not yet brave enough to run with the stroller, even though we do have a fancy jogging stroller!  But now with the cooler weather, I'm hoping to get outside soon. Who knows, maybe the baby will be with me on my next 5K!

I'm also in the process of planning my son's 1st birthday party.  I cannot believe he's turning 1 in December!  Holy crap, where has a year gone!?  I'm planning a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme.  I finished designing my invitations already, and I can't wait to send them out.  But for other projects, I've been reading up on how to make a caterpillar cake.  We'll see how it goes!  I might post a few trial and errors here.

So that's my update for now!  I guess my blog will have to transition into something new...I'm no longer Newlywed or Well Fed.  Time for a name change.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment