Sunday, November 6, 2011

Easy Spice Cake Cookies

Fall foods are always warm and comforting.  These easy Spice Cake Cookies are delicious and definitely fit the bill for a delicious fall food. 

These cookies are ridiculously easy.  They're soft and pillowy with a sweet spice.





Jenny's Spice Cake Cookies


18.25 oz. pkg. Spice cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Penzey's Cake Spice (optional, but I think it gives the cookies nice depth)
1/3 cup confectioners sugar


Preheat oven to 375° F.
Pour cake mix into large bowl.
Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended.   
Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners sugar.
Roll them around until lightly covered.
Once sugared, put them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 minutes and no longer!!
Bottoms will be light brown, and insides will be chewy.

You can also top these with some cream cheese frosting.  

2 comments:

  1. They sound delicious, Jenny. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took a bit of extra time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really Like the food and recipes you shared with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! Lovely to find your blog. I look forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete