Friday, February 26, 2010

The Final Cake - Wilton Course 1 Class 4

I can't believe my class is over already!  It's been a fun four weeks experimenting with frosting and decorating.  Our final cake is a layer cake with roses, leaves, sweet peas and a bow.  It was a lot of fun to make.  I'm still having an issue with making roses.  I think they look more like cabbages, but they'll do for now.  My frosting was a little too thick, which is why they look cracked on the top.

I did a much better job frosting my cake.  I used a thinner consistency.  Next time I'll try it even thinner.  It's a work in progress.


So that's my final cake!  Not a bad job. 

I already signed up for course 2, which starts next week.  It's all about flowers.  We don't have to bring a cake to each class, which is good.  I'm kind of tired of cake!  In each class we'll make and save flowers to be used on our final cake.

2 comments: